Kavir Tire Co.
Kavir Tire Co.
Kavir Tire Co. was established in 1987 at a capital of one million rials and executive operations for its construction started per a principled agreement of the Ministry of Industries. Its nominal production capacity was pegged at 25,500 tons from 1991. It is situated on 112 hectares of land in the city of Birjand, eastern Iran. The company was put into operation early October 1998 at a cost of IRR350b and $84m. Kavir Tire is the biggest industrial unit in South Khorassan Province and now, more than 15% (in weight) and more than 22% (in number) of all the tires produced in Iran are supplied by the company.
Kavir Tire Co. is honored to have innovation and dynamism as pivots of its strategic policy. Since its establishment, the company has always been a source of remarkable scientific developments in the Iranian tire industry. Such an honor is manifest in the acquisition of the technology for the production of wire radial tires for automobiles. The executive and organizational policies of Kavir Tire are based on the progressive principle of customer satisfaction and addressing the explicit and implicit demands of the customers and their access to new concepts of industrial management.
Today, Kavir Tire is honored to lead the Iranian tire industry and be seen as the symbol of science and industry of South Khorassan Province. For years, it has carried out major valuable activities in the industry and has offered quality products to the market, while taking steps towards elevation and progress as a dynamic and progressive organization. Now, it intends to rely on the potential of its hardworking and valuable directors, experts and staff and yield such high quality products as before to remain a forerunner in the Iranian tire industry.
Organizational values of Kavir Tire Co.:
- Honor of work, staff and sincerity of the organization
- Meeting the interests of customers, consumers and other trade partners
- Attending to quality and making distinction in products
- Social responsibilities and environment protection
- Creation of value and credit for customers, shareholders, staff and society
The products of the company include different sizes of steel-belt radial tires, and products for different kinds of vans as well as strips around the flap – all the products are marketed with the trade brand of Kavir Tire.
- Certificate of annual operation capacity: 27900 tons of tires, tubes and flaps
- Production of previous fiscal year: 26600 tons
- Annual working days: 350 days
The most important achievements of the company are:
- Receipt of the certificate and plate of honor as a model R&D unit from the Ministry of Industries and Mines in the years 1998, 1999 and 2000
- Receipt of the plate of honor as a model entrepreneur and lover of laborer from the Social Security Organization in 2005
- Receipt of the plate of honor and certificate for endeavoring to score the number one status in national quality award process in 2006
- Receipt of the plate of honor and statue as a model public relations department from Iran's 5th Public Relations Department, and an award for promoting public relations in 2007
- Receipt of the title of model provincial unit; achieving the top rank in workers' social and cultural affairs and receiving the certificate of appreciation from the governor general of South Khorassan Province and the South Khorassan Labor and Social Affairs Organization in 2008
- Receiving a certificate of appreciation and statue as national model industrial unit from the President and Ministry of Industries and Mines in the years 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2011.
- Receiving the certificate and statue for the national model unit for respecting the rights of consumers from Organization of Support for Consumers and Producers in 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Receiving statue of top exporter of Iran from the Iran Trade Development Organization in 2011
- Receiving title of model exporting unit in South Khorasan Province from provincial Industrial Research and Standard Organization in 2005 and 2011
- Receiving certificate of merit as model environment protection unit and receiving title of model clean industry unit in province from South Khorasan Environment Protection Office in 2011
- Receiving the certificate of merit from the National Productivity Festival in 2008 and 2011 as the top tire industry unit in the country for observing the general productivity index of agents in the 4th development plan
- Receiving the certificate of green commitment and model green unit from the national green prize procedure of the Iran green management
- Receiving the title of model and top unit in energy management in the country's tire manufacturing companies for eight consecutive years
- Granted the statue and certificate of appreciation and national productivity award from the country's national productivity festival in 2013
- Granted the national golden statue for respecting the rights of consumers in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Receiving the top medal and statue in 2013 for three decades of Jihadi management in 2014
- Receiving the golden medal of trade for promotion of productivity from the 2nd productivity festival in 2014
- Receiving the certificate of appreciation and a statute from the Iranian National Standard Organization in 2015 as an exemplary national qualitative unit
- Receiving the certificate of appreciation for productivity from the 6th National Productivity Festival in 2015
- Receiving the certificate of appreciation and statue from the Ministry of Industries, Mines and Trade in 2015 as a model industrial unit
- Receiving the silver statue of the National Energy Management Prize in 2015 Certificates and quality licenses
- The license of R&D from the Ministry of Industries, Mines and Trade
- License of application of the national standard sign received from the Iran National Standard Organization
- License of concordance with the energy consumption criterion from the Iran National Standard Organization
- License of concordance of management system with S09001:2008 standard received from TUV NORD Company
- License of concordance of the Environment Protection Management System with ISO14001:2004 standards received from TUV NORD
- Certificate of concordance of the Quality Management System with ISO/TS 16940 standard received from TUV NORD
- Certificate of concordance of the Professional Health and Safety Management System with ISO 18001:2007 standards received from the UK AGS
- Certificate of concordance of the Energy Management System with ISO50001 standards received from the UK AGS
- Certificate of the Implementation of Environment Protection, Safety and Health Management System based on HSE-MS standard received from the UK AGS
- Certificate of the System of Quality Management, Monitoring, and Measurement of Customer Satisfaction based on ISO10004:2010 received from the UK AGS
- License of tire exports to the EU (E-Mark)